Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 5... I think

According to the 4 (yes, FOUR), pregnancy apps that I have downloaded, I am 5 weeks pregnant.  All four seem to range with different amount of days pregnant - 5 weeks 2 days, 4 weeks 6 days, 5 weeks 1 day, etc. Overall, I am going with the whole "about 5 weeks" idea.  Week 5 has been decent to me, so far. I have only experienced morning sickness (more like half-the-day sickness) two times.  Yes, some things make me feel nauseous (like even if I THINK about them) but overall,  I am doing pretty well.  Mostly, I have noticed an enhanced sense of SMELL. I can gag from the slightest smell of something rotting in the trash can, or my husband's feet (not a joke.. wish it was).  I will be sitting on the couch and SWEAR I can smell poop from my dog (that is absolutely non-existent).

So far, week 5 has been full of journeys for Baby Cross.  Over the weekend, we headed to Canada for one of my best friend's weddings!  It was an absolute blast!  Brittany was in my wedding so I was absolutely ecstatic to be a part of hers!  Brittany and I met at work, teaching third grade together, and immediately became great friends.  She is one I do not want to let go of!  The only issue with her wedding, was prancing around all the people asking me if I wanted a drink.  It was very hard to avoid at the rehearsal and the morning of the wedding.  I kept just brushing the topic of drinking aside or trying to distract the person with another topic.  The night of the wedding, I came prepared with a plan for all pregnant women!  Tonic with lime.  I had my husband bring my tonic with lime ALL. NIGHT. LONG. to make others think I was drinking the "basic girl drink" - vodka and soda. I absolutely hate tonic but, whatever, it worked.  I drank a few and acted white girl wasted and everyone left me alone.



The 10 hour drive to and from Canada was not fun on my bladder.  I have already seen a drastic increase in the amount I have to pee throughout the day and the urgency of it.  I just cannot stop! Plus, trying to drink the recommended amount of water (ahhemm.. half my body weight) isn't helping that little issue.

Today, I had my blood work done to confirm my pregnancy.  God willing it comes back positive tomorrow - otherwise I will have a lot of questions as to why 4 pregnancy tests reported positive.  Those that know me well know that I am absolutely terrified of needles AND blood.  Combine them, and I am done for.  Usually, Darius attends these types of affairs with me but today was his first day back to work after his leave.  I had to go alone.  I was all fine and dandy until I saw that chair.  You know that chair. With the arm strap and the needles on the counter.  Jesus.  Immediately panic set in, but I talked to myself and tried to calm down.  I was okay until the first arm was NOT giving her any blood.  She could see my panic, and my ghost white face and closed up that vein.  Seeing total panic on my face, she brought me water which helped momentarily. She tried my other arm, got blood immediately and closed it up.  Tomorrow I can call my doctor's to confirm the test.  Prayers please!

And here goes Week 5-ish questions:

How far along? 5-ish weeks
Maternity clothes?  No... but I am already looking forward to all things elastic.
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: Sleeping better now that the initial shock has worn off... but now I am having dreams about all things baby.
Best moment(s) this week: My best friends wedding!
Miss Anything? This week I really missed sushi...
Movement: Nope!
Food cravings: Anything salty!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Weird smells!
Gender: I wish I could already know!
Labor Signs: No!
Symptoms:
1. Sore boobs
2. Light nausea
3. Sensitivity to smell
4. Frequent peeing
5. Excessive saliva in my mouth - I read about this and it's true, it does happen!
Belly Button in or out? In!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy and thrilled and excited - and then maybe a little cranky sometimes (don't ask my husband) ;)
Looking forward to: Confirming my pregnancy and my prenatal appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment