Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Confirmation!

Today was the BEST day.  It was the best day for one very good reason.  I got the phone call of a lifetime.  It came from a doctor's office...

Monday was my confirmation blood test.  The way this doctor's office works is that the blood work is sent to them and then I can call 24-48 hours later to find out the results.

Exactly 24 hours later on Tuesday, I call.  No answer.  I leave a voice message.  It was very calm but the real Rachael sounded more like this: "HI I NEED TO KNOW MY RESULTS NOW NOW NOW SO I CAN BE ASSURED THIS WHOLE BABY THING IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING, THANKS BYE!"

No return phone call. -_-

Call again on Wednesday - early morning (no longer waiting exactly 24 hours - who are they kidding).  This mama wasn't messing around anymore.  I am directed to the nurse.  She does not answer.  I leave another voice message.  Again, I sounded so calm and so happy but deep down inside I sounded more like this: "OHMYGOD WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, THIS IS NOT FUNNY! RETURN MY CALL BECAUSE NOW I AM STARTING TO THINK THAT YOU AREN'T CALLING ME BACK BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE ME SAD AND TELL ME THAT I AM NOT PREGNANT!"

Disclaimer - I am mentally sane.

Six hours later on my way to FedEx to pick up my long lost debit card (which actually ended up not being there, but in the apartment office which they failed to tell me) I get a phone call.  I immediately panic, my charm bracelet is caught on my phone charger, I'm half leaning while driving, a little swerving and my GPS is speaking over top of the nurse as I try to cancel my navigation.  I hear these words...
"Congratulations!"
BEST. WORDS. EVER.
Followed by: "your little one is showing strong numbers which is very good and you are definitely pregnant!"
Again, BEST. WORDS. EVER.

I just kept saying "Thank you so much, I am so excited!" when really I wanted to sound more like this: "OHMYGOD THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU, LET ME GIVE YOU HALF MY SALARY BECAUSE YOU'RE BETTER THAN SANTA- DO YOU WANT TO COME TO THE BIRTH?!"

And that, my friends, was the best day of my life.

Now- off with my husband to feed this baby mama some Popeyes. Apparently fried chicken cravings are running on high! ;)

I hope everyone has a blessed & wonderful day!

1 comment: