Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

HOLY SH!T - I'M PREGNANT

Monday, July 20th, sometime in the evening...

After days of complaining (what I thought jokingly) to my husband about being pregnant, we head out to Walmart (stay classy) to pick up a pregnancy test.  I, the over thinker, always jump the conclusion that I am pregnant if my period is .002 seconds late.  I didn't think too much of my week-long-sore-breasts or the fact that I suddenly had a intense obsession with green olives.  

The truth be told, Darius and I have been married about 3 weeks at this point and truly wanted to wait a year.  But, to make sense of why I was not "wrapping it up" or whatever, you need to know my medical history.  I was recently diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder (runs in my family) which causes my blood to clot 8x more likely than yours! I immediately was taken off the pill and this disorder eliminated any form of birth control with estrogen.  Which meant... not much.  And to just be dead honest, the idea of condoms was not ideal whatsoever.  So, we risked it.

The test came back positive.  I starred at it with my hands over my face for what felt like 300 years and then said "OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD" over and over again.  Let me be clear, I was (am) VERY happy, but I was VERY shocked.  I went upstairs to show Darius (who said he knew since the moment he saw me downing a container of green olives from Wegmans), we hugged, we cried, and we discussed how backpacking Europe next summer would have to be put on hold for 18 years.

Today, I told my mom, aunt, brother, my husband's mom and his dad.  All are extremely ecstatic, impressed at how quickly we jumped on it (no pun intended... ok, maybe a little, ha) and very supportive.  We are truly blessed to have had such a quick, wonderful ride of a relationship.  We are thrilled to be beginning our family together!

Now, why the blog?  I have ALWAYS been in love with writing!  It has been my passion since my first journal in the third grade given to me by a lovely lady named Johanna F. (shout out!).  I love the feeling of putting all my thoughts, feelings, emotions onto paper (or laptop) and letting it ALL out!  My blog will be funny, sarcastic, honest, and full of curse words.  It is written exactly how I talk and exactly how I think.  I hope you enjoy it!

Below are week by week questions I have seen on two fabulous blogs now and I hope they don't mind if I borrow them to track my amazing journey into motherhood!  Thanks for stopping by and please continue to do so! :)

Here and Here

How far along? 4-ish weeks
Maternity clothes?  Latching on to all my "normal" clothes while I still can.
Stretch marks? NO! *prays*
Sleep: I believe the only reason I have lost sleep is due to the fact that I am anxious as HELL about the confirmation of my pregnancy on Monday.  I keep thinking that 4 pregnancy tests was not enough to confirm... 
Best moment(s) this week: Finding out that I am pregnant!  After the initial shock wore off...
Miss Anything? Immediately missed not having one last margarita! It's summer and all I want is Mexican food and a nice cold marg.....
Movement: Nada
Food cravings: Listen carefully... ALL. OF. THE. PASTA.  ALL. SALTY. THINGS.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Just say the F word and I die... no, not f*ck... FISH!
Gender: EEEEKKK!
Labor Signs: Nothing, thankfully!
Symptoms:
1. It all started out with Sore Breasts - I never got that before a period.
2. Nausea - my morning sickness lasts from the time I wake up until about 1pm.  I have not thrown up but I have gagged quite a bit.
3. Cravings for salty things!
4. Bloating... ugh, it sucks!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to: Going to my confirmation appointment and then my first prenatal appointment after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment