Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2016

16 & 17 Weeks!

Now that I am on to week 17, I feel it is time to update on how week 16 went.  Let's start out by mentioning this:

WEEK 16 WAS THE FIRST WEEK THAT I FELT LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN!

...and it felt gooooood!

Week 16 was not very exciting around the Cross household.  In fact, I have no idea what happened that week.  This is either because Pregnancy Brain is like the most legit thing I have ever experienced in my entire life OR we are just super boring.  Although, if you did read my "Things My Baby Already Hates" post then you would know the field trip story... and SHOCKER... we took another field trip.  I held the pee for 2 hours.  Can I get some sort of sticker for that?!

Week 17 popped up andddd so did my belly!  It had been forming for a while but I think passerby's just thought I have been hanging out in the kitchen a little too much.  Things are starting to look like an actual preggo belly!  Hell, I even took a pic!

17 weeks and that Hawaii Oahu candle is amazinggg!

We saw the doctor the other day and pregnancy brain accompanied me again because when Darius asked what this appointment was for, I literally had NO IDEA. I wasn't too happy to find out it was blood work to test for spina bifida.  I like to be prepared for the whole needle thing.  Whatever, that went well and I am truly getting much better - I don't curse anymore, I don't cry and the sweating and shaking is starting to be kept to a minimum.

On a better note - the receptionist informed Darius that it's time for HIM to start tracking the appointments and remembering what they're for because I'm basically useless.  She also told him to step it up in the kitchen and make sure I sleep... which was nice.

I'm just gonna do a combo of week 16 and 17 updates since I'm currently halfway through week 17.

How far along? 17 weeks 4 days
Maternity clothes? OH YEAH! And ALL of the maxi dresses!
Stretch marks? Crossing my fingers this belly, thighs, butt and boobs stays stretch mark free!!!
Sleep: Sleeping horrible. Darius snoring is like literally the worst thing to happen to me.
Best moment(s) this week: We bought a doppler so we listen to the heartbeat almost daily and it makes me so happy each time (doctor approved).  Also - hosting Easter dinner at our house was our first "hosting" event and it was really fun!
Miss Anything? I really would have liked a nice mimosa today! (I am noticing a trend with missing all drinking options).
Movement: Yes!  Started feeling movement at week 16.  I mostly feel it after I pee or when I am laying down.  It isn't regular (which is normal) but it's sooooo cool!
Food cravings: Umm... Rita's.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still chicken... it's just so so gross and chewy.
Gender: Still thinking a BOY!  Darius is thinking a girl!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Apparently my butt is getting bigger and I'm THRILLED!  Shoutout to Durshaw for confirming this exciting news the other day!  
Also - Extreme thirst, dry mouth, tiredness, moodiness, tender boobs.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On.. although with the warmer, more humid weather, I don't know how much longer.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Totally moody and I totally admit it! SO MOODY!  Literally was belly laughing with Darius the other day and 30 seconds later I was SOBBING!  I had NO clue why!
Looking forward to: We leave for California on Tuesday and we are so excited!  Also, April 12th is gender reveal day!  We can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy! I will definitely confirm that you have an adorable baby bump and look great! Pregnancy brain is SO legit it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm marking April 12 on my calendar because I can NOT wait!!!! And your bump looks perfect! Love you!

    ReplyDelete