Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

15 Weeks

Holymoley!  I know it's been a while.  Life has truly gotten the best of me.  Between work, traveling for work, and napping anytime in between - the blog has definitely been at the bottom of my priority list.  But, I have some great updates for y'all!  So, let's get into it!

After 10 weeks, we had our 12 week genetic screening.  This is an optional test that allows the doctors to check for possible down syndrome or trisomy.  We chose to do this test to become AWARE, not to make a choice  regarding termination.  Also, who doesn't want to see their baby up on that big screen!?  At 8 weeks, our baby was cute... but a blob.  Nothing was going on that was relatively exciting.  I had heard from friends that things drastically change by the 12 weeks appointment.  And boy, THEY WERE RIGHT!  Our baby was first found doing what mama does best.. napping.  With its little hand right over its nose.  This caused the ultrasound tech to have trouble confirming or denying chances of down syndrome.  Apparently, a lack of nose bone is potential for down syndrome.  She had me cough really hard.. over.. and over.. and over.  Nothing.  Now, baby was sleeping like dad.  The world could be collapsing and that little bean was not going to move.  After more coughing, moving, and Darius making me laugh (per usual) baby was awake!  It was INSANE!  Literally flipping, turning, stretching!  Amazing!  After about a wonderful 30 minute ultrasound filled with so many details, our little bean was perfectly healthy and fine!

Fast forward to 14 weeks.  Welcome second trimester!  Does this start at 13 or 14 weeks?!  All (four) of my pregnancy apps tell me something different!  Well, second trimester was not the glorious start for me.  I expected to wake up day of 14 weeks with a glow, luscious hair, a zit free face and no sign of nausea or vomiting in my near future!  Ha.  Yeah.  Right.  The nausea was still streaming in, as well as the vomiting.  My last straw, the moment to put me into tears of all tears, was the night I drank a glass of water and threw up 4 times.  I had no idea what was even coming out.  That put me over the edge.  I BEGGED to go to the hospital.  I just wanted to be taken care of, to sleep in forever, to relax and just have an IV give me everything I needed.  God answered my prayers.   That was the last time I threw up (fingers crossed, knock on wood, say a prayer to the pregnancy Gods...).

Now, here I am.  I MADE IT!  15 weeks has been a glorious start.  15 weeks began with a conference in Texas for work.  I was so worried about feeling sick while I was there and not having Darius to turn to.  Something changed, and I felt wonderful.  My face is clearing up, people say I am starting to get a glow and less people look at my baby bump like it's too much pizza.   I was able to enjoy the trip, eat real food and let me just say I did NOT hold back.  After 14 weeks of picky eating, hardly any eating, and weight LOSS, I had enough.  This mama is doing whatever the hell she wants for the time being!

A 12 week baby Cross!


Now, for the 15 week update!

How far along? 15 weeks 2 days
Maternity clothes? Finally had to buy some! Why in the HELL do we not wear maternity pants all the time?!  No buttons or zippers?! Those suckers just slip right on! WTF!
Stretch marks? None - started using lotion to reassure it stays this way!
Sleep: I have been sleeping so well.  My dreams are a little weird but I haven't been able to remember them as well.
Best moment(s) this week: Finally enjoying FOOD!
Miss Anything? While in Texas it sucked not to be able to have a margarita or a beer or wine or all of the above.
Movement: No - but I'm waiting for it!
Food cravings: Popcorn!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I am still adjusting to chicken and all other types of meat.  It's the one thing that I am steering clear from.  I try to eat it, but then I push it to the side.
Gender: I am back to thinking it's a boy!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Tired, slight nausea here and there, sore boobs, dry mouth
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On  
Happy or Moody most of the time: I think I am getting to a happier place, especially with feeling better.
Looking forward to: Our trip to California in 2 weeks to visit Darius' family and they are throwing us a little baby shower!  Also, hearing the baby again in 3 weeks and the gender reveal is coming up in April (not a party, just at the doctors)!

3 comments:

  1. Rachael-
    This blog is amazing!!! I cried and all while reading it. Both Jordan and your rainbow are so lucky to have such an amazing, strong Mom! I can't wait to see you and your adorable baby bump!!
    Xoxo
    Conor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Conor girl. This is truly an amazing blog. You had tears flowing for me. You are an amazing woman, who I am fortunate to know and love. The relationship you and Darius have is remarkable. Jordan and this little rainbow bean are extremely lucky to have you both as parents!



    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girl is so strong and brave. I love you to the moon and back, and look forward to every step of this journey! Love, Ree

    ReplyDelete