Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

What's happening in Week 5

This pregnancy has already raised a lot of concern for me.  A lot of people would say I am lucky, but considering I have one pregnancy to go off of,  I am very confused about the differences in my symptoms.  Last time, I was sick and totally exhausted early on.  There were days I would lie on the couch with a pillow over my head and just sleep the day away.  Now, I feel... GREAT!  I can't explain why I think that's bad.  I guess having a lack of pregnancy symptoms is making me nervous. I see a doctor on Tuesday for my 6 week (really 5w6d) ultrasound appointment and I am so anxious about it.  I want that room to give me good feelings, but last time I was there I had horrible news. Everyone tells me each pregnancy is different, so I am taking those thoughts in stride.

Along with reaching week 5, Darius and I closed on our first home last week!  It is the best little first-time home in the world!  It has the perfect amount of fixing-up to do.  I didn't want to take on a house that required a lot of projects because that's just not in the budget.  I also didn't want something totally perfect because then I would feel like I can't make it my own.  Our house is perfect!  We have been in the process of painting and getting it all ready over winter break.  I am so excited to move on Saturday into our first home!  I know Gus is excited too! ;)  Also, it thrills me knowing I have a room to make into a nursery!  This is something I've always dreamed of!  I can't wait! :)

Tomorrow is back to work and to say I am dreading it is an understatement.  I absolutely love teaching but going into the career, I had no idea the amount of politics hidden behind it.  It's that kind of stuff that makes you feel like it's not worth it.  But, for every once in a while to have those precious moments with the kids makes it worth it again.  It's a hard job to explain, but I know the teachers out there reading truly understand.

Let's get on to the weekly questions:

How far along? 5 weeks 4 days
Maternity clothes? Still no, but I am getting bloaty a lot quicker this time around -_-
Stretch marks? No!  *praying*
Sleep: Slept great over break, but I can guarantee I won't tonight with back to work tomorrow.
Best moment(s) this week: Closing on our first home!
Miss Anything? A margarita to go with my mexican food when we celebrated our house.
Movement: No
Food cravings: Olives... green olives.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Smells are starting to get to me a bit.
Gender: Mama instincts say a boy.
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Awfully tender boobs, "preggo brain", bloating, cramps off and on, exhaustion, sensitive to some smells...
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On  
Happy or Moody most of the time: A strong mixture of both.  Buying the house has definitely set off my stress level.
Looking forward to: God willing, hearing that heartbeat on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment