Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Week 6 - Update

I did NOT forget to update after the "dad reveal."  I just have been overwhelmed with the nausea and exhaustion.  Are you sick of hearing me say nausea yet?  Me too.  It's okay.

Let me play out how this whole "we're having a baby" surprise went for my dad...

Darius and I hand him the little gift bag with the onesies inside.  My dad is always making jokes, so he joked the entire time opening it, trying to guess what it was.  He knows this makes me furious.  He opens the onesie and holds it in front of him.  Laughing he says, "Well this won't fit me!" - seriously though guys, he still hasn't caught on - and thank to Theresa, her eyes beam as she asks "ARE YOU EXPECTING?" and I say YES!  My dad, still confused, asks "You're EXPECTING?!"  Yes dad, I am.  We hug, laugh and I cry...

That, my friends is how my father and stepmom found out.

Going to dinner that night was great.  I found out I am allowed to eat shrimp as long as they are cooked through!  I JUMPED ON THAT SHRIMP!  It is the ONE thing that sounds delicious all the time.  I think this is because it's not heavy and it doesn't have a ton of strong flavors.

Moving forward from Saturday...

The nausea will NOT go away.  I wish there was someone out there, anyone, who could give me a remedy to this problem.  I know eventually this will subside but every day feels like a long day when you feel like this.  And, because I have learned it mostly occurs AFTER I get out of bed... it's harder for me to get up knowing what is coming.

My dreams are INTENSE lately.  Most recently my dreams consisted of the following:
1. Me having an affair with the husband of the kids I nanny (note: I do not nanny and I am not a home wrecker.  Also- the kids and husband were not familiar in this dream).
2. Darius cheating on me with all friends via text while on vacation in Ocean City.  This included me running away.
3. A room full of spiders which seemed to bother no one in the room except myself.
4. A miscarriage (which I have heard is common in the first trimester when this obviously wears heavily on you).

The dreams do make for a great story though.  I would prefer them to be less harsh and real but I've never had such vivid dreams in my life!

I should update on Friday after my first official appointment!

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment