Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

I've Been Exhausted

If anyone out there is already super in love with my baby blog, then my apologies.  Week 8 of pregnancy was filled with exhaustion and going back to work.  For those of you who don't know, I am a third grade teacher.  And I love my job.  I also love sleeping in, having nothing to do, going to the pool, doing things on a whim and having no plans whatsoever.  Becoming pregnant in July was a huge blessing because I had time to be nauseous, sick, exhausted and have nothing to do.  If you're not a teacher, you may be unaware of how much "free time" we have during our work day to have personal problems.  I could not imagine feeling morning sickness while having to teach 19 eight year olds the main idea of a text.  I. Could. Not.

With that being said.... week 8 wasn't terrible as far as the nausea, but it was full of exhaustion.  Along with the exhaustion was back to work for teachers!  This started last Monday and was filled with exciting meetings, PD's and setting up the classroom.  Now, setting up a classroom is ALWAYS an exciting yet stressful time.  You spend a lot of summer time on Pinterest coming up with new ideas and swearing that "this will be the year everything matches."  To make it MORE stressful, throw on top changing classrooms and having all your classroom shit piled on tables that were once organized, and over the summer the movers have rearranged it all and it's all one big damn mess.  What a shit show.  AND YOU'RE PREGNANT!  So, my apologies for 100% missing week 8, not getting a picture and almost forgetting I had this blog to track my journey.

In other news... school begins on Monday, for real, and I am having strong feelings of denial, sadness and excitement.  Last year was a rough... and I mean ROUGH... class for me.  I am praying this school year will be different, especially since I am pregnant.

Today I hit week 9.  For some reason week 9 feels really good to me.  Like, I feel as though I am almost out of that dark zone where I can begin to not worry so much.  Although, I am sure once I hit the 2nd and 3rd trimesters new things will pop up for me to worry about.

So, here is what's been up with weeks 8/9 so far!

How far along? 9 weeks
Maternity clothes? No.. but I am definitely starting to feel thicker in the waist.  Not sure if jeans still fit and I am too scared to find out.
Stretch marks? No!
Sleep: Sleeping well but having lots of weird dreams that I can't remember too well.  Some consist of breastfeeding in public and the next will be a teaching nightmare.
Best moment(s) this week: Finishing up my classroom and hitting week 9 today!
Miss Anything? Pumpkin beer... because it's right around the corner!
Movement: No
Food cravings: Nothing specific 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Strong smells make me very nauseous or the smell of a food I am not craving.
Gender: Still thinking it's a boy but Darius dreamed it's a girl.
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: nausea, sensitive to smells...so sensitive
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On  
Happy or Moody most of the time: Have to say more moody lately but I think a lot of it is the stress of going back to work.
Looking forward to: Next Friday for my dating ultrasound!


No comments:

Post a Comment