Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

10 Weeks Til DD-Day

And by DD-Day I mean Due-Date Day.  I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone by.  Let's be real though- that first trimester was a BITCH!  I barely survived it and I still think it's really unfair that Kate Middleton can be hospitalized for being a princess while all of us common folk have to suffer at home.  I still would have taken an IV and a hospital bed to this day.  I know that one day I will forget a lot about the pain of pregnancy but that part I will NEVER forget!  Even Darius vouches for me when telling people about how awful those first 16 weeks were.  SIX.TEEN.WEEKS.

But holy shit, fast forward and here we are! 10 weeks away from baby!  Today I had my 30 week appointment and the doctor assured us that everything was going well!  She believes that he is head down and he is growing to date.  I got my whopping cough vaccine and I am starting to feel ready to go.  I don't have anxiety yet about labor itself but I HAVE become one of those pregnant ladies that is getting anxiety about WHERE labor will start.  As of right now, I am scheduled to return to work at a strong 38 weeks pregnant.  WTF?!  When school actually begins, I will be 39 weeks pregnant.  That's really pushing it.  I am glad I have a wheely chair in my classroom that I can just scoot around on because let's be real, that's all that is happening. (Let's not even discuss that I don't have a long-term sub --- more to come on that in the near future).

Last Saturday my mom and my best friend threw me an amazing baby shower.  It was everything I had ever dreamed of and more.  From the decor to the food to the cake to the games - it was so incredibly beautiful.  What was most important to me was having everyone there that mattered to me.  I feel I have finally hit a point in my life where I now have the group of friends I have always wanted.  It was such a wonderful feeling to have so much support in welcoming our baby.

OH - IN OTHER NEWS - the name has been announced!  We have known his name for a while now but I never felt like publicly/socially sharing because I'm not in the mood for the gossip or negative talk.  If you don't like my child's name, I really don't care.  Do I hope people like it? Yes, of course.  But Darius and I have been using this name for a while now and it just feels right.  And besides, Emily and my mom like it and that's all that really matters.  So baby Cross will be: Lincoln Alexander Cross.  Alexander is Darius' middle name and that just felt right.  I am a firm believer in some part of the name being family related. We went through every male first, middle, last name in our family and Alexander was the one that really fit.  As for Lincoln... it just came up!  We both loved it and the rest is history!

Here are some photos from Lincoln's shower -- enjoy!












How far along? 30 weeks!!!
Maternity clothes? Anything which stretches, I will be wearing.
Stretch marks? NO!  Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sleep: I have been sleeping a lot better lately.  I went through a phase when hitting the third tri where I was sweating a lot at night and it would wake me up.  Now, I'm back to normal.  I just get up a lot to pee which is annoying - per usual.
Best moment(s) this week: My gorgeous baby shower!  It was so fun to celebrate Lincoln with my favorite friends and family!
Miss Anything? I want my favorite Jersey Mike's sub and the biggest mimosa in the world!
Movement: He;s moving all the time now!  Some movements are kind of painful or weird feeling, but it's all good!
Food cravings: Anything salty and soft serve ice cream.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Foods with red sauces give me horrible heartburn! 
Gender: Having dreams it's a girl so I am hoping he's a boy hahaha!
Labor Signs: None!
Symptoms: Rib cage expanding = pain, baby being head down = pelvic pain, random headaches, exhaustion, bending down = feeling like I have to throw up, out of breath, swelling in hands and feet and knees, expanding belly, huge thighs, horrible heartburn, peeing constantly.
Belly Button in or out? In - I don't think we will be an outtie!
Wedding rings on or off? Yeahhhh, we stopped wearing those about 2-3 weeks ago.  Out of no where they wouldn't even go past my knuckle.  This makes me very sad.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Generally happy!  Maybe a little moody here and there waiting on the nursery to be finished painting so I can finally decorate it.  That was a jab at my husband.
Looking forward to: Our first year anniversary is next Saturday and this will equally be our babymoon!  Can't wait to celebrate!

5 comments:

  1. I love his name. If I didn't I just wouldn't mention it so this is legit! You look gorgeous and your thighs Do too!! I even said that on my blog haha, not specifically the thigh comment though. You will forget those shitty first 16 weeks. I swore I would never forget labor and would never do it again ... And we see how that turned out lol. Glad baby L is looking healthy and growing well! You can only go into labor at work if Karen is there. we used family names for middle names too, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I figured you would just leave the whole name thing out if you didn't approve! Thanks for the approval! I can rest easy now.

      Delete
  2. I love your updates Rachy. I can't wait to meet my grand nephew!! 💚

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete